Proliferation Monitoring, Lesson 1: Basics of the Cell Cycle
- Non-member - Free!
- Full - Free!
- Student - Free!
- SRL Junior Staff - Free!
- SRL Emerging Leader - Free!
- Scholar - Free!
- Emeritus - Free!
- Life - Free!
- ISAC Staff - Free!
- Community Administrator - Free!
- Student Non-Member - Free!
- SRL Junior Staff Non-member - Free!
- Innovator - Free!
Lesson 1 of the proliferation course reviews the basic concepts of cell cycle biology, setting the stage for the more specific methods and applications discussed in Lessons 2 and 3. Topics discussed include:
- Phases of the cell cycle and molecular events associated with each.
- Cell cycle checkpoints and regulators (cyclins and cyclin dependent kinases).
- The relationship between the cell cycle phase distribution of a sample and DNA content histogram.
- The use of DNA content histograms in combination with metabolic labeling or cellular synchronization to determine kinetics of progression through the different cell cycle phases.
Kylie M. Price
Hugh Green Cytometry Core Facility
Malaghan Institute of Medical Research
Wellington, New Zealand
Katharine A. (Kathy) Muirhead
SciGro Inc., Midwest Office
Middleton, Wisconsin, USA
Paul K. Wallace
Department of Flow and Image Cytometry
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Buffalo, New York, USA
CMLE Credit: 1.0